Intro to Script Supervision
Similar to how a paramedic is responsible for maintaining a patient before arriving to the hospital, a script supervisor is responsible for maintaining the integrity and continuity of a film's script before it arrives to the post production team. From the actor's lines and movements to concise notes and coverage for the post production team, the script supervisor is an essential part of any successful film. This class will give an overview of the script supervisor role, tasks, and responsibilities including:
- History of the position
- Breaking down a script
- Lining the Script, Facing Pages, and Coverage
- That pesky 180 degree line
- What you need to be a script supervisor
- How a Script Supervisor is a creative collaborator
- ...and more!
Each participant will walk away with a packet of information.
About Roe Moore:
With experience on over 75 film sets, Roe Moore has multiple credits behind and in front of the camera. She was trained by Mark S. Thomas (Local 871 script supervisor) who also helped her get her start as a script supervisor in the industry. Since her training, she has worked on many notable projects as a script supervisor including:
- Feature Films directed by Sundance favorite Rick Alverson, award-winning Greg Harrison, Will Slocombe, and David Henry Gerson.
- Television series Lucha Underground (El Rey Network), This Just In (Associated Television International), and Wives with Knives (Discovery ID).
- Commercials and promos for Cartoon Network, TrueCar, TNT's Animal Kingdom, Bad Santa 2, HBO's The Wire, and many more!
You can follow her on set script supervisor adventures by searching #ScriptyRoe! More information can be found on: