Choreography and Filming of Action Sequences
Ever wanted to film great FIGHT scenes or at least feel confident discussing them?
Experienced action Director Emily Dell will break-down the steps over the course of two hours, with examples. Students will then be able to participate in choreographing/filming a brief fight sequence with professional stunt personnell guests.
Topics will include:
- Hiring and working with a coordinator/choreographer
- Character and Story in the fight - the essence of non-verbal storytelling
- Planning for production and things to keep in mind
- Production: How to plan the shoot day
- Post-Production: Specific needs for action sequences in post
Emily Dell is an experienced filmmaker in action and dance films. She is currently writing comic book "Romeo & Juliet And Guns" for Emet Comics and action movie "The Rules of Business" for the China Film Group, which she is contracted to direct. She's a member of Film Fatales, WIMPS and leads the Shadowing initiative for the Alliance of Women Directors.